[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] dialup
 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:19:05 -0400
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:43:12 +0500, sai <list at ebs dot net dot pk> wrote:
> I see that FreeBSD does support dialup. Is it probable that a person
> fairly new to BSD could add the functionality to m0n0 ?  I really do
> want to use m0n0 for this....

You can give it a shot.  I don't want to discourage you, but I think
your chances of getting this to work are pretty much non-existant if
you don't have some pretty significant BSD experience.

From the m0n0wall website, the wish list has "dialup backup link (via
serial port)".  That same addition would likely enable you to use dial
up as the primary connection.  But that hasn't made the "to do" list
yet, so I wouldn't expect to see that feature in the near future.

-Chris