[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Disconnect of DSL line
 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:42:16 -0400
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 18:06:12 +0200, Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de> wrote:
> Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com> wrote:
>
> > Deutsche Telekom disconnects the DSL line after 24 hours. I'd prefer
> > to have this done at a time when I don't care (like 5:00am). Up to
> > now, I had a cronjob that disconnected the line at 5am for about 20
> > secs and restarted it.
> > Is there a possibility to do this with m0n0wall?

What you could do is write something in Perl or some other scripting
language to post the appropriate data to reboot.php, and run it from
cron (or scheduled tasks on Windows) from a machine on the LAN.

Here is the info you would need for that:

      <form action="reboot.php" method="post">
          <input name="Submit" type="submit" class="formbtn" value=" Yes ">

Of course then you'd have to store your firewall password in clear
text on one of your systems, which isn't the best idea in the world,
but might not be of concern in your situation.

-Chris