[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Rene Heinze <rene dot heinze at hup dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setup Problem with M0n0wall 1.1
 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:37:52 -0400
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 14:36:17 +0200, Rene Heinze <rene dot heinze at hup dot de> wrote:

> i just burned M0n0wall 1.1 to a CD-R and booted from the CD-R on a
> Celeron@333Mhz with two 3COM NICs inside. I want to use M0nowall as a = LAN
> Firewall between two different LANs. Both NICs are connected to a D-LINK
> switch.

Sounds like they're both plugged into the same broadcast domain (i.e.
no VLAN's on the switch).

I guess technically this shouldn't cause a problem, but if you're
going to route between subnets, they really should be in separate
broadcast domains.  Either setup VLAN's on the switch, or use two
different switches.

I would try unplugging the "WAN" interface, reboot the m0n0wall, and
then see if you can get into the web GUI.  Both the NIC's plugged into
the same broadcast domain on different subnets might confuse it,
though it shouldn't.

-Chris