[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Kelley" <robjkelley at yahoo dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Best way to post m0n0wall's stats publicly on captive portal?
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 02:51:04 -0400
Hi:

		I have an idea of creating a captive portal page that'd
show people the
		basic status of the node and who else is on it.   (The
AUP would
		indicate that their hostname and their network IP
address would be made available to others currently on the network.)
I'm running m0n0wall on a Soekris 4511.  m0n0wall has both the status
and DHCP info.  I'm wondering how to get this information to another
more public webpage, in
		particular:

		Diagnostics: DHCP leases

		Would it be best to run the page from the Soekris
itself?  Is it even possible (no SSH access to m0n0)?  Is it possible to
access the code that generates this information?  Or is the only
practical way to manage it through screenscraping?

		Thanks.

		Rob