[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Unable to ping DMZ host from LAN
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:07:13 -0500
Something is really weird here.

After I did a factory reset, I was immediately able to ping every device in
the DMZ.  However after I added my first rule to the DMZ interface which was
"allow TCP from DMZ from * port  to NOT LAN to destination port 80" so that
I could try out surfing on the DMZ, all of a sudden, I could no longer ping
the DMZ from the LAN.  So I took the rule back out and I still can't ping
the DMZ.  Something appears broke somewhere.  I haven't added any other
rules on the than the one above and it broke on that one.  I took it out and
it is still broke...

This is really strange.  It is almost like when I add a rule to the DMZ, it
appears to be break the routing tables for some reason.  But even after I
take it out again, it still appears broken.

I am at a loss.

Rodman