[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Unable to ping DMZ host from LAN
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:07:51 -0500
I wrote again:

> UPDATE!  Well I decided I would try swapping interfaces around in the back
> of the m0n0 box to see if that did anything.  Whatdoyouknow...  It worked
> like a charm.  I simply swapped the WAN and LAN cables around on the m0n0
> box's NICs and then reset back to factory.  Everything works perfectly
> now. I have no idea why that would cause a problem.  Two of the NICs are
> exactly the same kind while the other one is a different brand.  Perhaps
> that was causing a problem.  Whatever it is, it is solved.  I can ping and
> talk to anything in the DMZ.  I guess this is good information to know
> incase this should happen to someone in the future.
> Thank you so much for everyone's help.  You guys are a great wealth of
> knowledge!  I'll will be hanging around this list for a while.

Sigh...  Ok it *was* working perfectly.  I went to download the current
config, and THAT apparently broke it.  I can't ping anything now, but one
minute before, it all worked flawlessly.  In fact, I can still see the
successful ping results in my DOS prompt window right above my failed
attempts.  I hadn't downloaded the config until this moment so it worked all
the way up until then.  I'll try reloading the current config....  Are there
any known bugs with the "download feature"??