[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Unable to ping DMZ host from LAN
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:07:51 -0500
I wrote again:

> UPDATE!  Well I decided I would try swapping interfaces around in the back
> of the m0n0 box to see if that did anything.  Whatdoyouknow...  It worked
> like a charm.  I simply swapped the WAN and LAN cables around on the m0n0
> box's NICs and then reset back to factory.  Everything works perfectly
> now. I have no idea why that would cause a problem.  Two of the NICs are
> exactly the same kind while the other one is a different brand.  Perhaps
> that was causing a problem.  Whatever it is, it is solved.  I can ping and
> talk to anything in the DMZ.  I guess this is good information to know
> incase this should happen to someone in the future.
>
> Thank you so much for everyone's help.  You guys are a great wealth of
> knowledge!  I'll will be hanging around this list for a while.

Sigh...  Ok it *was* working perfectly.  I went to download the current
config, and THAT apparently broke it.  I can't ping anything now, but one
minute before, it all worked flawlessly.  In fact, I can still see the
successful ping results in my DOS prompt window right above my failed
attempts.  I hadn't downloaded the config until this moment so it worked all
the way up until then.  I'll try reloading the current config....  Are there
any known bugs with the "download feature"??

Rodman