[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Pierce <mark dot pierce at telefonica dot net>
 To:  Monowall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Website Filtering Plug-in?
 Date:  Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:34:18 +0200
There is a minimum, high maintenance way that you can muck with the DNS
proxy for a few given addresses that is native on monowall.  On the
other hand, we have been setting this up through squid on a separate
server. The smaller clients have 3128/tcp redirected to our central
squid through the VPN, whereas the larger clients generally prefer to
have their own in-house proxy. There are several products that relate to
squid which can enhance filtering and or monitoring.

Mark Pierce
Xerberos, Madrid