[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Mr Paul J Ogilvie <support at stmc dot bc dot ca>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Website Filtering Plug-in?
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:40:39 -0400
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:01:15 -0700, Mr Paul J Ogilvie <support at stmc dot bc dot ca> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is some sort of web filter that can be added to
> m0n0wall?  We are looking to add in the ability to deny access to certain
> websites based on either name or content, to the all already rock solid
> abilities of the m0n0wall.  Any ideas or suggestions?

This has been asked on the list several times in the past, so I've
created a FAQ entry for it.

I committed it to the m0n0wall users guide, but won't be available on
the site until the daily update runs.  For now, you can view at
http://livebsd.com/m0n0wall/faq-webfilter.html

I'd appreciate any additional suggestions or suggested changes.

-Chris