[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rob Diehl <diehlr at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Implications of disabling LCP packets in mpd
 Date:  Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:16:00 -0400
Well, out of curiosity I unplugged my phone line from my DSL modem, and
let it retrain and no problems. I even turned off my DSL modem and
turned it back on, and m0n0wall reconnected transparently without me
even knowing. Next, I tried leaving my modem plugged in, but unplugging
the phone line for an extended period of time until m0n0wall reported a
LINK DOWN event in the log. Then I plugged it back in and immediately it
re-established my connection.

Now, the interesting thing is that even with keep-alive set to 0 to
theoretically disable LCP echo requests, I still see "mpd: [pppoe] LCP:
no reply to 1 echo request(s)" and so on when the phone line is
disconnected. Why is this?