[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <mono at centrum dot sk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MONOWALL traffic shaper "hate" a routers behind ?
 Date:  Thu, 09 Sep 2004 23:14:06 +0200
Hi everybody, I have a real biig problem. I have a wireless network, and guys connected via wireless
client /dont matter what kind/ and use router /ZYXEL,SMC etc./ has very very slow browsing. A http
appears on 512kb line as on 32kb line, downloading goes about half / approximatelly 200kbit/s/. That
all if is traffic shapper /TS/ enabled. If TS disabled, everythink is ok and browsing is fast as
fast is line.

Detto, in older versions monowall, when magic shapper wont implemented in mono, i had pings about
30-50ms with 1000bit packet. Now i have ping about 200ms. No only PING, this delay appears also
during browsing via http etc. Whole response is slower. This dont matter on power of computer whis
is used.

Thank you.
Robo.K.