[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rodman Frowert" <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Program to track packets moving through M0n0
 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:22:49 -0500
Actually the subject is misleading as I really don't know what I need.  I
want to be able to see what is causing me to not be able to talk to my DMZ
from my LAN.  It is not any kind of incorrect firewall rule.  I have reset
the system plenty of times to see if I could reproduce the problem.  I can
reproduce the problem, but it doesn't always "break" on the same thing.  For
example, I can setup my entire m0n0 box and access the DMZ perfectly from
the LAN.  But when I go to download the configuration, it "breaks" and I can
no longer talk to the DMZ until I reset the box.  Or, I may get through
partially configuring the box and it breaks halfway through and I can no
longer talk to the DMZ.

So, I didn't know if there was anyway to actually "see" what is going on
when it is not working.  Can I tell if the m0n0 box is dropping the packets
anyway.  When it doesn't work, I check the default firewall logs but don't
see anything.

Rodman