[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] upgrading cd-rom installation
 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:58:11 -0400
You should back up your current config file just in case.  Then, put
the new cd in the drive.  Then reboot.  Test.  Restore config or go
back to old cd and restore if needed, otherwise check out the new
features if you need them.

good luck,
jim

PS, I've never had an upgrade fail this way, except once when my
floppy disk drive died, and that is hardly m0n0wall's fault.

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:13:50 +0300, Psychogios Dimitris, Qualco
<dpsychogios at qualco dot gr> wrote:
> Since my config was pretty much typical all I did was shutdown, replace the disk, reboot... I
guess your mileage may vary depending on the amount of customization you have done on your
configuration...