[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Greenwood" <lists at silverblade dot co dot uk>
 To:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Selling pre-flashed CF cards + adapters?
 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:02:51 +0100
> Someone good who had time on his hands could make
> some money - could even sell them on ebay.
> buy the cards in quantity (even 10-20),
> flash them, sell on ebay at a profit.

I've seen a few CF IDE adapters going quite cheap on ebay to begin with
(although they are from Hong Kong so take a few days to get here.)

Buying in bulk reduces the postage costs, meaning you can make more profit.

> Many people would pay more for the flashing of the card
> than the card cost in the first place, i.e., more than double.

Oh I probably wouldn't go that far. However, I can probably get hold of some
fairly cheap CF cards one way or another (I can get cheaper cards where I
work, but there is a place near me that does them even cheaper than I can
get them!)

It's obviously a good idea from the response I've got...