[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Timothy Jans <info at hyperdrive dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IGMP is filling up my Firewall Logs
 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:25:43 +0200
I now did uncheck "Log packets blocked by the default rule" and created
a rule to block TCP/UDP on WAN with logging enabled.
This kind of works but it's not a very clean sollution. Will I still be
able to open ports on my WAN as I created a rule before to block everything?

I did try to create a rule to block IGMP first (with no logging) as Fred
mentioned, but the default rule would still log IGMP packets.
I could always allow IGMP, that way the packets wouldn't get logged, but
can allowing IGMP be a security risk?

Thanks,
Timothy **