[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Seth Rothenberg" <seth at pachai dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal blocking DMZ clients response to LAN
 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:03:24 -0400 (EDT)
> It is the captive portal that is restricting me from being able to talk to
> the DMZ.  If the captive portal is enabled on OPT1 and an OPT1 client has
> not agreed to the portal contents page, then of course that client cannot
> respond to any requests coming from either the WAN or the LAN (i.e.
> pings!!).

I second the concern Rodman has raised - this sounds like
a feature that would be a problem for some of us.

If I understood correctly, with a clean slate, eg,
rebooting m0n0 and clients, you can't ping a
client until he has accepted the TOS.
That's a problem.

I tell my customers (customer :-) to leave the
client bridge on all the time, so that if I do maintenance,
as I did on Monday, then all I need to do is ping
to verify that I put everything back correctly.
(I am treating the CB3 as a Demarc.  If I can see it,
the problem is on the client's side).

Thanks
Seth