[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  I'm a bit confused..
 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:24:53 -0400
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to route from one lan to
another.  Here is my setup:

WAN: currently unused - going to be my connection to my cablemodem
LAN: 192.168.15.x/24 - my wired subnet
LAN1: 192.168.16x/24 - my wireless subnet

Ultimately I'd like to run IPSec over the wireless segment, but I'll
settle for PPTP for now.  And I have the PPTP server up and running.

So, here's what I'd like to do in phase 1:

WAN: unused
LAN: no nat, but statefully passes packets to LAN1 when requested from
LAN1
LAN1: accepts nothing over the wireless segment except PPTP, I'd like
to have 192.168.15.6, the current IP address of the LAN port to be the
default gateway (basically I'd like to route from 192.168.16.x to
192.168.15.x).

I have my firewall rules set up and being from the linux world I've
grown used to setting up routing in my firewall rules.  M0n0 seems to
be a bit different.  What's the easiest way to enable routing between
LAN1 and LAN?

Greg