[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Bernie Kucharski" <bkucharski at defiantracing dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall embedded with RADIUS Server
 Date:  Fri, 10 Sep 2004 18:17:01 -0700
Don't think so Bernie...

The software overhead is fairly large, and the point is questionable... I'm
not quite as much of a "firewall is a firewall" zealot as some, but putting
something intended for centralized management of MANY access points
supporting THOUSANDS of users requiring complex config and a back end file
system or DB seems a little much for something intended to run on compact
flash...

Now if you wanted to write a module, and perhaps installation instructions
for users who run mono on full blown PC's that might help some, but I'm not
sure how many.

Maybe you want to consider some sort of lighter weight access control system
and a modification to dinesh's captive portal concept to use it? Just a
thought.

m/