[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net>
 Cc:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how-to for IPSec clients and m0n0?
 Date:  Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:19:27 -0400
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:24:27 -0700, Ron Rosson <ron at oneinsane dot net> wrote:

> >Does anyone have a how-to, personal notes, or anything that could help
> >a m0n0 newbie get a Mac OS 10.2.x client connected as a mobile IPSec
> >users to a ver. 1.1 m0n0wall?
> >

> I am also interested in this since the PPTP solution is hit and miss with me and
> my powerbook that is running 10.3.5.  So I g uess now I would need the road
> warrior setup.

You can follow the same steps in the Users Guide for the Windows
client, just using some IPsec client for Mac OS X.  There is IPsec
support built into OS X (using racoon, same as m0n0wall uses), but no
GUI to configure it.

This might be helpful (GTA also runs FreeBSD on their firewalls, and
uses racoon for IPsec as well).
http://www.mail-archive.com/gb dash users at gta dot com/msg04150.html

VPNTracker they speak of is available here:
http://www.equinux.com/us/products/vpntracker/index.html

Though it's not exactly cheap at ~$100 USD.

I would imagine there is some sort of free IPsec configuration GUI for
OS X, do some Google searching and I'm sure you can come across
something.

Or buy me a Mac and I'll figure it out for ya.  ;)

-Chris