[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Saum" <m0n0wall at fidelisconsulting dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  2511mp hostap Problems on Soekris 4801
 Date:  Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:20:30 -0400
My platform is a Soekris 4801 running M0n0wall 1.1, running the net48xx
image.  I'm having some I'm using a Netgate/Senao/Intersil 2511mp (mini-pci)
from Netgate, and can't seem to get hostap mode working right.  I tried the
firmware it shipped with, no dice, it kept trying to be a client.  I flashed
with 1.5.6 and it seemed to act correctly, but client's couldn't connect. I
tried the newer 1.7.4, and it worked the same as 1.5.6.  My clients were all
Prism 2.x clients who were verified to work with my Linksys AP/router.

The clients and NetStumbler could see the SSID broadcasts.  I could attempt
to connect, but it would always fail.  I tried both with WEP enabled and
without.  I tried from a couple of different client systems.

Any ideas?  I have enclosed some screen shots from m0n0wall.  The firmware
is currently at 1.5.6.  Is there anything I should be checking?

Everything else runs great.  M0n0wall is a great piece of software, Manuel
has done a great job putting it together.

Regards,

Mark