[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Michael Monaghan" <mmonaghan at gmail dot com>, "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] External Authentication
 Date:  Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:26:06 -0700
Sorry I'm late to the game... I missed much of the thread - but in summary,
are you thinking of turning mono around? Using Radius authentication
(through SSL) to control ingress to you application instead of egress?

Not sure if that was your original idea, but I think that's a GREAT one...
could help me in a current project as well - we have to "expose" a windows
server for remote access - using the Radius server inbound to the central
server could provide us with the required session logging and stats as well
as a second level of security for the windows service.

I've heard of people trying to set up mono to use the NT radius service as
it's auth source - is this the solution? Then the users would be able to
auth using the same password as they use on their domain login.

If I'm completely confusing or perverting your original idea, smack me - but
is this what you were thinking? Is it possible?

Thanks!

m/