[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Elizalde <guardian653dave at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall halted; could not access lan or webgui
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:14:08 -0400
I had been about a week and a half but for the first time m0n0wall has
crashed on me, but I'm not sure what happened. I had a P2P app running
(and it wouldn't suprise me if the rest of the people on my LAN did
either..) and I was monitoring the up/down speeds and all of a sudden
it disconnected. I checked around to see if it was a power problem, or
if a cable got loose, but nothing seemed wrong. My switch lights
showed a lot of activity, and the cable modem lights had shown that it
was indeed connected both LAN and WAN side. The last thing to check
was if I could ping m0n0wall (I'm using it as a router) and for some
reason I couldn't, timed-out. I grabbed a spare monitor and pluged it
in, but this is all I got:

ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding enabled,
default to accept, logging disabled
DUMMYNET initialized (011031)
IP firewall unloaded
ipfw2 initialized, divert disabled, rule-based forwarding enabled,
default to accept, logging disabled
DUMMYNET initialized (011031)
IP firewall unloaded

I checked up on google to see what half of this was and it didn't
bring up anything meaningful. So I'm out of clues. Here are my specs
for the comp:

CDROM dist
333mhz AMD; 128mb ram
3 ethernet cards, 1 ISA, 2 PCI (all are 10mbit)

Any ideas/fixes are greatly appreciated; as I would like to give up
the old Linksys since its given me more problems than this has ever
had.

PS: I enabled the syslogd daemon (just in case this happens again..)
but at the top of the system log page it said around 11:26pm it exited
with signal 15; about 15 minutes after I enabled it, its still sending
me logs though...