[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Rodman Frowert <frowertr at i dash 1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Doh! Captive Portal not letting LAN talk to DMZ (OPT1) without DMZ clients "accepting" to Portal Page
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:54:33 +0800
On 10/09/2004 23:31 Rodman Frowert said the following:

> Melvin wrote:
>> I also see how not being able to ping things there would be an issue.
>> Perhaps rather than only blocking certainly ports, a better choice
>> would be the ability to allow specific ports/protocols, which you
>> would define as whatever your choice for diagnostics would be
>
> Good idea!  Punching a hole through the portal for it to not listen on
> certain ports while it listens on everything else in a great idea.

ideally, the captive portal blocks all access until the ToS/RADIUS is
agreed to. one can use the Allowed IP and Passthru MACs databases to allow
connections to/from specific IP addies or from specific MAC addresses
without going thru ToS/RADIUS.

to attempt to do this just based on protocols/port numbers would be
possible, but somehow it defeats the purpose of a captive portal.