[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Proposal for 1.2 beta: Firewall Rules
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:34:20 +0200
Hi everybody,

Rules-Editing:

I had set-up a firewall rule to block ports 135-139 and 445 in order
for them not to get logged by the default rule. I (erreanously) set
source-ports 135-139 (instead of destination-ports) and found out,
that I could _not_ edit this rule to source-ports any and
destination-ports 135-139. Had to delete the rule, create a new one
and move it all the way to the top (I like my rules sorted).

Logging:

Would it be possible, to include the comment of the rule in the log
(something like the --log-prefix option on Linux iptables)? Yes I
know, the rule-number is visible and on status.php I can look up which
rule caused the log-entry, but something like a log-prefix might be
more comfortable?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm _very_ happy with m0n0wall, this is not
a rant, merely a suggestion.

Kind regards    Frederick