[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Proposal for 1.2 beta: Firewall Rules
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:34:20 +0200
Hi everybody,

I had set-up a firewall rule to block ports 135-139 and 445 in order
for them not to get logged by the default rule. I (erreanously) set
source-ports 135-139 (instead of destination-ports) and found out,
that I could _not_ edit this rule to source-ports any and
destination-ports 135-139. Had to delete the rule, create a new one
and move it all the way to the top (I like my rules sorted).

Would it be possible, to include the comment of the rule in the log
(something like the --log-prefix option on Linux iptables)? Yes I
know, the rule-number is visible and on status.php I can look up which
rule caused the log-entry, but something like a log-prefix might be
more comfortable?

Please don't get me wrong: I'm _very_ happy with m0n0wall, this is not
a rant, merely a suggestion.

Kind regards    Frederick