[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graeme Kirkby <grez dot uk at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems setting up m0n0wall - unable to ping/connect.
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:45:37 +0100
Hello all,

I'm trying to set up m0n0wall on an old Pentium 233MMX PC, with two
Intel Pro/100 management adapters. I've booted m0n0wall from CD and
set up the interfaces and LAN address. However I am unable to connect
to the m0n0wall via the web interface, nor am I able to ping it's
address at all, from any of the other machines on my network.

I know my switch, cables and NICs are OK, because I have booted the
m0n0wall box using a hard disk with Windows 98 and I am able to
connect to all the other machines.

I currently have another router on the network, a netgear dg814 DSL
router, which is assigning the other machines their IP's over DHCP.
However even if I turn that router off and give the PCs manual IP
addresses, I am still unable to connect to the m0n0wall.

I searched the list archive and tried one or two things from other
people with similar problems, but nothing made any difference at all.

thanks for reading,

Graeme Kirkby