[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Proposal for 1.2 beta: Firewall Rules
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:12:53 +0200
Hallo Manuel,

Manuel Kasper schrieb am 12. September 2004:

>I just tried that (new rule, src ports 135-139, dst any, save,
>then edit, src ports any, dst 135-139, save), and it worked fine. Can
>you try again and post a detailed list of what you did to trigger
>that bug?

I found out what I did wrong: I did not set the dropdown-box for the
destination-port to "other". If it's set to "any" (default), it will
not accept any ports. Sorry to bother you, it was my fault.

>>(...) something like a log-prefix might be more comfortable?

>Well, the problem is that the filter log comes straight from
>ipmon/ipfilter

Meaning that ipmon/ipfilter do not provide an option like the Linux
iptables --log-prefix="some custom text"?

>so it'd have to be post-processed somehow

No, that would only complicate things and contradict the design goals.

Thanks for the answer and kind regards

Frederick