[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  David Taylor <david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Compaq WL200 card with m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 17:16:30 -0400
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:47:33 +1000, David Taylor
<david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz> wrote:
> Having had a completely turnkey experience with a dual ethernet firewall, I thought I'd  press
into service an old Compaq WL200 card.

> Unfortunately, it doesn't work; I get
>
> wi0: watchdog timeout

This might be a problem, but read on.

> I can associate with the card in ad-hoc mode, but can't ping the firewall. I can't see the card at
all in hostAP mode.

Do you have a firewall rule in allowing traffic from the WLAN to the
desired destination(s)?  I'd go with from any to any to start, then
after that works, go for tightening it down as you wish.

-Chris