[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  eric at ericmagny dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal Logging
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:29:08 -0400
Hi!

I'm just turning on captive portal on!  I try to use the RADIUS accounting
function..

I experience some strange logging informations.  Does anyone else experiment
this ??

My Radius server receive (when user was logged out) the accounting data. BUT,
and here is the strange things, the Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Output-Octets
received by my radius server (from m0n0 box) are completly wrong and not
reflecting the real traffic.

Our testing show us the value receveived are probably showing ONLY www
traffic.  They are probably not showing FTP / MSN (messaging) / and probably
others  traffic!   Right?

But Acct-Session-Time (number of seconds connecte user) look to be good.  So,
only in/out bytes look to be wrong..  Any idea??

My m0n0 box version is final release 1.1 built on Sun Aug 22 11:41:15 CEST
2004

So any idea?  need to add accounting rules??

eric.