[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Taylor" <david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Compaq WL200 card with m0n0wall
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:43:44 +1000
>Do you have a firewall rule in allowing traffic from the WLAN to the
>desired destination(s)?  I'd go with from any to any to start, then
>after that works, go for tightening it down as you wish.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion - when I added the WLAN interface I added a second rule that looked just
like the default rule except with Source network set to OPT1 instead of LAN.  So I think that should
be OK. I'm only trying to ping the default gateway (i.e. the firewall). I'm also not seeing any
drops in the log .

I've done most of the usual things - pulled all the ethernet rards out of the machine, tried
different slots to no avail. The machine is  based on an Intel AL440LX (Celeron 266) 128MB RAM.  The
firewall works beautifully over the ethernet interface(s) - just an issue with WLAN.  I don't have
any other wifi cards that are likely to be compatible with BSD. I've tried adhoc, infrastructure and
HostAP modes without joy.

The earlier mail archive refers to a patch needed that is available in 5.0 - I guess this hasn't
been regressed to 4.9/m0n0wall?

Cheers

David