[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall problems SOLVED! And some observations.
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:08:29 +1200
A long time ago I was attempting to install m0n0wall 1.0, and had bizzare
issues as documented at  http://criggie.dyndns.org/m0n0wall/

Basically my linux box was the firewall, so was set to drop traffic coming
in the wrong NIC.  Internal interface expected only 10.27.0.0/24 and dropped
the rest.

Anyway - now that I have a working m0n0wall I'm happy!  Some
observations....

1)	Syslog to remote server box doesn't support an alias, only an IP

2)	My Traffic Graph shows consistant 12 to 24 kbits/sec out on the WAN
interface
- how to find out what it is?  The firewall logs show regular dropped
connections to port 139 or 445, and occasionally to random high ports.

3)	Traffic graphs are not historical - more like mrtg or ipcop with the
"last 24 hours" and "last week" etc, as well as a current graph?

4)	Can't add static route out WAN interface.  My ISP is structured
strangely - I can halve my ping time between work and home if I route
directly...  The linux example would be		route add -net 202.0.37.0/24
eth0

5)	The Adobe SVG viewer for Traffic Graphs doesn't want to work with
Opera.  Any ideas?