[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Michael Monaghan' <mmonaghan at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall problems SOLVED! And some observations.
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:00:22 +1200
From: Michael Monaghan [mailto:mmonaghan at gmail dot com]
>> 1)      Syslog to remote server box doesn't support an alias, only an IP

>Ouch.  Are you sure?  Have you verified DNS on the m0n0wall is resolving
the name to the >right address?

Yes - I use the same alias in several different places and it works fine.
It must be just a simple oversight.

>> 2)      My Traffic Graph shows consistant 12 to 24 kbits/sec out on the
WAN
>> interface - how to find out what it is?  The firewall logs show regular
dropped
>> connections to port 139 or 445, and occasionally to random high ports.

>A hub and a PC on the external interface running Ethereal

Don't think that will work - my cable ISP only allows one machine to connect
to the cablemodem.  There must be some way to identify the traffic from
within m0n0wall... (like netstat -a  on a linux box)  possibly using
exec.php

I have little BSD experience, that's my drawback.