[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Monaghan <mmonaghan at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Directly accessing the console?
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 21:08:18 -0400
This is a small line powered HUB.  Standard Ethernet has enough power
on it to support a small hub like this.  They were very common a few
decades back but it was a short life for a lot of reasons.  I wouldn't
put this into a production network because too many vendors take
shortcuts.  This would likely be very unstable in a switch environment
where a lot of vendors current limit the ports.  Also its a 2 port
_hub_ and for $3 more I can have a 5 port switch that I can use in a
lot more ways.  Sure I have to power it but hey that's what power
strips are for!

Mike

PS: Support your local Power Strip Manufacturers!  <grin>