[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Michael Monaghan <mmonaghan at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, dinesh at alphaque dot com, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] External Authentication
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 22:12:05 -0600
Michael Monaghan wrote:

>How did you get Radius working on Captive Portal?

In the "Services: Captive Portal" configuration page, RADIUS server
section I just entered the IP and shared secret.  Second, upload an
appropriate portal page (I'm pretty much just using the default, plus
the sample <form> on the Captive Portal page.

There really wasn't anything more to it then that

If it makes a difference, my RADIUS server is on LAN, and the captive
portal is on OPT1 -- But I don't believe this matters.

In the "Allowed IP addresses" I added my m0n0wall's WAN IP too, which
allowed clients on OPT1 to PPTP into m0n0wall instead of using the
captive portal (for the laptops which stay on-site and don't want to
login manually)

--
I walked into a bar the other day and ordered a double.
The bartender brought out a guy who looked just like me.