[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  Bernie Kucharski <bkucharski at defiantracing dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall embedded with RADIUS Server
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:18:53 +0800
On 11/09/2004 09:17 Mitch (WebCob) said the following:
> Maybe you want to consider some sort of lighter weight access control system
> and a modification to dinesh's captive portal concept to use it? Just a
> thought.

one idea i've been mulling around with is to have a simple user/password
database on the m0n0wal for captive portal users to authenticate against.
if this is implemented, i'd probably limit the number of users to a small
number like 16 or 32 to begin with. anything more than that, and it may
make more sense to go the RADIUS route.