[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Brett Maxfield <maxfieb at spacenow dot net>
 To:  David Taylor <david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Compaq WL200 card with m0n0wall - update
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:47:21 +1000
David Taylor wrote:

>Hello again
>Have now tried with a new motherboard (Supermicro P6SBA - BX chipset). Same result. Even when I
remove all other network interfaces I still get the wi0: watchdog timeout errors.
I recently had trouble with getting conflicting IRQ's, and watchdog
timeout was is exactly the error i was getting until i fixed the
conflicts and then the errors went away never to be seen again.

Modern MOBO's like to share IRQ's by default, *nix does not like that much.

If interrupts are going to another device or driver, then the wi0 would
not get the interrupt and the watchdog would time out.