[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett Maxfield <maxfieb at spacenow dot net>
 To:  David Taylor <david dot taylor at facetoface dot biz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Compaq WL200 card with m0n0wall - update
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:47:21 +1000
David Taylor wrote:

>Hello again
>
>Have now tried with a new motherboard (Supermicro P6SBA - BX chipset). Same result. Even when I
remove all other network interfaces I still get the wi0: watchdog timeout errors.

I recently had trouble with getting conflicting IRQ's, and watchdog
timeout was is exactly the error i was getting until i fixed the
conflicts and then the errors went away never to be seen again.

Modern MOBO's like to share IRQ's by default, *nix does not like that much.

If interrupts are going to another device or driver, then the wi0 would
not get the interrupt and the watchdog would time out.

Cheers
Brett