[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  "Bernie Kucharski" <bkucharski at defiantracing dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall embedded with RADIUS Server
 Date:  Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:57:18 -0700
Hey Dinesh!

If you aren't already... please read the Re: [m0n0wall] External
Authentication thread...

> one idea i've been mulling around with is to have a simple user/password
> database on the m0n0wal for captive portal users to authenticate against.
> if this is implemented, i'd probably limit the number of users to a small
> number like 16 or 32 to begin with. anything more than that, and it may
> make more sense to go the RADIUS route.

I thought you might be considering this... though I'd leave the max entries
as a config variable... I've seen people use basic auth in text files for
hundreds of users... it is still simpler than Radius, particularly for those
that don't own a separate server.

Also, makes the mono solution equivalent to the D-Link DSA-3100, which also
includes an optional auth db internally iirc.

Don't forget to read the other thread - you're brain is needed there ;-)

Thanks.

m/