[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Directly accessing the console?
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:46:34 -0400
I looked into the device from our friends at Radio Shack and found this:
http://support.radioshack.com/support_supplies/doc66/66324.pdf This is the
wiring diagram for the device - it does shows transistors (24 x 2N3904A). I
would guess that this is a very simple active hub. Wouldn't the transistors
"amplify" the signals? I'm not an EE but I can look a diagram and tell the
type of components are used.

I still would not use this kind of device. I place them in the same boat as
the "splitter" adaptors that you can place on both the ends of a cable that
utilize the "unused" wires.

James W. McKeand