[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Fantuzzi SAS <fantuzzilorenzo at tuttopmi dot it>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Static public IP and m0n0
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:25:03 -0700
Fabio,

> Can anyone help me ?
> My ISP assigned me  5 statics publics IP addresses for our DSL. We have Win2003 server  with few
PC and I would like to use m0n0, and use 3 of these IP in my network behind m0n0. Also, I need to
access my server from  remote PC using terminal server.
> Is there someone which has experience of this background?

Go into the NAT menu and configure Server NAT to get m0n0 to pick up
the other IPs.  Forward the externals to the internals, set some
firewall rules, and you should be all set.

You could also use 1:1 NAT but I haven't figured out what's the
difference in that (I don't have any locations with multiple IPs to
experiment with).

And, if you need direct access to internal network resources, a more
secure way would be to set up m0n0's PPTP server or use IPSec
security... rather than open up a server or two for the sole purpose
of remote access.

/sylikc