[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'david me' <david19702004 at yahoo dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Is it possible that...
 Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:55:09 +1200
Just some guesses...

Maybe there are some differences in the drivers for the realteks in the
different versions...  m0n0 1.1 is based on freeBSD4.10 and 1.0 was based on
4.9

I've got a bunch of realtek nics here in thin clients... Theres three
different subversions and some work right with PXEs, some don't without
tweaking.  Maybe somehting like that.

In short - realtek is cheap, and you get what you pay for.