[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Ganbold <ganbold at micom dot mng dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FreeBSD 5.x
 Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:10:41 +0200
On 14.09.2004 18:02 +0900, Ganbold wrote:

> I would like to have some new features of FreeBSD 5.x, such as
> atheros  wireless card support etc.
>
> When m0n0wall will be converted to FreeBSD 5.x? How long should I
> wait? Maybe somebody in this list has already working m0n0wall
> which is based on  FreeBSD 5.x.
> What steps should I consider moving to FreeBSD 5.x?
> Any advices, helps, links will be appreciated.

When FreeBSD 5.3 is out, I'll try it and see if it can change my
opinion about FreeBSD 5. Now everybody please stop asking about this.

In any case, if you want a decent, reliable and fast access point,
consider buying a real "hardware" AP instead - this whole hostap
stuff just never matches the features and reliability that a good
commercial AP can offer (I'm not necessarily talking about Netgear,
D-Link and Linksys).

- Manuel