[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'sylikc'" <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Different DHCP DNS Server list per Interface
 Date:  Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:05:40 -0400
I have ran DHCPd on a Linux system in the past - simple to setup if I
remember. I am currently using a Microsoft SBS 2003 (Windows 2003 Server +
Exchange 2003 + Fax Server). Which by default runs DHCP, DNS, WINS, RRAS,
IIS, AD... (Oddly enough I had to setup IAS - Internet Auth Services? - to
have RADIUS support for my PPTP.) You would only need WINS if you support
NT4 and 9x on your LAN, they prefer WINS for name resolution. 2000 and XP
look first to DNS when resolving names by default.

I changed to Microsoft because I am now supporting more clients that use SBS
2000 & 2003. It is easier to support someone if I have something like what
they have for comparison.
James W. McKeand