[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Manuel Kasper' <mk at neon1 dot net>, 'Ganbold' <ganbold at micom dot mng dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: FreeBSD 5.x and Atheros
 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:38:42 +1200
From: Manuel Kasper [mailto:mk at neon1 dot net]

> If you need 11a/g, there's unfortunately no option with m0n0wall at the
moment.

Yes there is - whack another NIC in your m0n0wall, buy a generic Access
Point, and make it a network in its own right.  You could bridge it for
convenience, or treat it as an untrusted zone.

I remember a discussion about APs that changed the MAC address of traffic
passing through, but I don't recall the brand.  They'd be bad for this
application though.

I'm up to three PCI, one ISA and one wireless NIC in my m0n0wall - anyone
else got more?