[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James D. Munroe" <jmunroe at netone dot ca>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  DHCP Q - Providing DHCP to remote networks
 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:39:26 -0300 (ADT)
Hi,

Is it possible to configure the DHCP service(on the M0n0wall of course) to
provide/support DHCP scopes for remote, non-connected networks on the LAN
interface side?  In this scenerio there would be mulitple layer 3 networks
connected downstream on the M0n0's LAN interface.  The remote subnets
would be using 'ip helpers' to provide directed DHCP requests to the
M0n0wall's LAN Inf.  We currently do this now through central Linux based
servers serving multiple DHCP scopes but, were hoping we could eliminate
these in favor of providing this locally on a per POP basis with
M0n0wall's providing gateway services to the downstream LAN segments.

Thanks,

Jim Munroe