[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  a DHCP default gateway question
 Date:  Thu, 16 Sep 2004 12:39:43 -0400
Okay, my routing wasn't working because the machines on the subnet
don't know what the default gateway is supposed to be (I finally get it
- thanks Fred Wright - I was overlooking the obvious).

In my current, and hopefully soon replaced, setup on my Linux DHCP
server provides the default gateway address via the "option routers
192.168.15.1" command in /etc/dhcpd.conf.

I don't see where, in m0n0wall under the DHCP pages, there is a place
to provide the default gateway.  I'd like the machines to be able to
move between the subnets seamlessly, but that would seen to require the
gateway be served via DHCP.  Is there a way to do this?

Greg