[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  david me <david19702004 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Is it possible that...
 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 2004 02:39:02 -0700 (PDT)
...m0n0 1.1cdrom version is "different" from m0n0 1.1
cf/ide version ?

My configuration:
Intel Celeron 400 on 440LX chipset M/B
64MB
Floppy
CDROM 40x
HDD 2.5
2 x Realtek 8139 PCI

This morning I toke 7 hours trying to install the m0n0
1.1 CF/HDD version on the above configuration, giving
up because, no matter which network PCI card I've
used, always the second one (WAN) was UP but not
"reacting"
I tried to work around the bios/pci slot/irq etc, but
always on m0n0, the WAN card was not "responding" to
clients requests. All seems OK, both interfaces was UP
and running, but not able also to ping an external
address though the DIAGNOSTICS/PING web page (request
expired)

** note that I'm already running other m0n0 firewalls,
and I've the confidence to setup them up properly,
including DNS addresses.

I tried changing so many ethernet card, but no way...

After give up (7 hours), I decided to remove the HDD
and give a try to the cdrom version.
Do you believe me that the same configuration (saved
from the gui interface as xml file) under cdrom
version is working with ANY card ?

How could it be possible that under same PC
configuration (same network cards, same cables, same
configuration .xml file,etc) the CF/HD version was not
working, while the CDROM yes ?

Where did I mistake >

http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool