[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  Greg Brown <gregbrown at mindspring dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] a DHCP default gateway question
 Date:  Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:29:45 -0700
Greg,

> In my current, and hopefully soon replaced, setup on my Linux DHCP
> server provides the default gateway address via the "option routers
> 192.168.15.1" command in /etc/dhcpd.conf.
>
> I don't see where, in m0n0wall under the DHCP pages, there is a place
> to provide the default gateway.  I'd like the machines to be able to
> move between the subnets seamlessly, but that would seen to require the
> gateway be served via DHCP.  Is there a way to do this?

In m0n0 you don't have to explicitly set the default gateway.  There
isn't a way to "set" the default gateway on the DHCP lease, because it
will just be set to point to m0n0's interface IP address.

You would be able to move the machiense between the subnets seamlessly
by setting DHCP on those interfaces that you would like to move
between.  As your machine connects to another interface, it will pick
up the new lease and use the new gateway.

/sylikc