[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_M=E4dler-Kron?= <6cam at usa dot net>
 To:  "monowall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  partition install? physdiskwrite uses whole disks...:(
 Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:36:34 -0400
Hi all,

I just discovered m0nowall, and I think it's a great solution, especially being FreeBSD based.

However, I burned the p18 CD-ROM image and it doesn't boot completely, giving a kernel panic.  I
also tried p17, which also ended in kernel panic.  I've got an AMD system, does that matter?

I'm also short on hard disks right now, but I do have free space available on my hdd.  Is it
possible to install m0n0wall on free space on my existing disk (can i share with winXP and linux?)?
Tried the "gunzip | dd" method to some partition, but  for that i have to know what type of
partition m0n0wall uses, right?

I wouldn't like to dedicate a whole 40GB disk to just m0n0wall...

Thanks for any help,