[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Bahnmiller <bryan at pair dot com>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] pb18 panics
 Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:01:48 -0600
When I first downloaded pb18r522 and burned it to cdrom, mine
wouldn't boot either (old AMD K5/300 mainboard). But I had just bought a
new CD-RW drive that I noticed defaulted to 52x write. I stepped it back
down to 24x write speed and then the cdrom iso image booted fine.

   That was my problem anyway.

      Bryan

> I downloaded the CD/floppy .iso image for pb18r522 and burned it onto a
> CD-R.  When I stick the CD and a floppy into a PC that can boot a CD, it
> loads and runs up through the device probe.  It then panics "supervisor
> read, page not present".
>
> It does this on several different computers.  Without much evidence, it
> looks to me that it is failing to mount the root RAM disk.
>
> What is it I'm doing wrong?  Was the image built for some very specific
> hardware?
>
>           -crl
> --
> Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad at eldocomp dot com
>    Eldorado
> Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
>       5353 North 16th Street, Suite
> 400
>         Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228
>
> -- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>
> This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed,
applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the
message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.