[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  "Thomas Hertz" <thomas at hz dot se>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] nice, somewhat easy to implement features [IMO]
 Date:  Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:49:21 -0400

> > #4. SSH possibilities. That would be nice :D I could easily code my
> > own scripts to do blah and stop bitching on the mailing list :P
> >
> I do NOT agree. :) I do not see any reason to why anyone would want to
> get shell access to their firewall. I'd recommend you try using the
> information under m0n0wall hacking guide to set up network booting. That
> way it's easy to modify the m0n0wall in any way you would like, without
> worrying about wearing out the flash card.
>
> > #5 ^^ Look at #4. Thats a good suggestion. It deserves two numbers.
> >
> No. It does not. :P

I disagree.  I also use IPCop, which is a similar firewall based on RH Linux
7.3 and IPTables.  It has SSH access, and it has come in handy on MANY
occassions.  Sure, it's quite a big bigger image than m0n0wall (about 20MB),
but it also has more features.  Besides, who can't afford 20MB?  :-)

Chris

---