[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'Christopher M. Iarocci'" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] nice, somewhat easy to implement features [IMO]
 Date:  Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:04:32 -0700
I use IPCop in other firewall based setups also but aside from USB
support, Snort and SSH, what else does it provide out of the original
image?  I'm not talking about the mods that are out there that does
DansGuardian and such.  I for one like to keep my firewall with as
little moving parts as possible that would tend to fail (i.e. HD).

----
I disagree.  I also use IPCop, which is a similar firewall based on RH
Linux
7.3 and IPTables.  It has SSH access, and it has come in handy on MANY
occassions.  Sure, it's quite a big bigger image than m0n0wall (about
20MB),
but it also has more features.  Besides, who can't afford 20MB?  :-)

Chris