[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch =?iso-8859-1?Q?=28WebCob=29?=" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "Chad =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=2E?= Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>, "=?iso-8859-1?Q?m0n0wall=40lists=2Em0n0=2Ech?=" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Funky netowrk routing question... Is thispossible with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:38:53 +0000
Not sure I understand Chad...

I don't control the big mess, so I get hostA & host B on a single port... I can
have all the interfaces I want, and I can alias them all I want (but everytime I
subnet for a single host I waste 3 other addresses....)

I've seen a cisco onfig that does this...

m/

Chad R. Larson (clarson at eldocomp dot com) wrote*:

>At 09:53 AM 10/16/2003 -0700, Mitch \(WebCob\) wrote:
>>Host A / Subnet A ---------\
>>                             \
>>                                 Big mess I don't control------>Router
>>                             /
>>Host B / Subnet B ---------/
>>
>>All traffic from host A and host B must go to the router.
>
>If this is a PC, make sure it has three interfaces.  If it is a net4x01,
>you're already golden.
>
>Plug Subnet A into the LAN port.  Plug the big mess into the WAN port.  Set
>the m0n0wall so the third port (OPT1) is a bridge to the LAN port.
>

>          -crl
>        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228
>
>-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --
>
>This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby
notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message
or any information contained in the message. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the
message. Thank you.